HEALTHY PROTECTION – HEALTHY SKIN
sebamed – especially for allergy sufferers
The medicinal skin care from sebamed stands for gentle cleansing and care from head to toe. It is specially tailored to the needs of sensitive and problematic skin. sebamed avoids all ingredients which are known to trigger allergies and irritation. All sebamed products which are certified with the ECARF seal are thus suitable for people with allergies and intolerances.
THE ECARF SEAL FOR GREATER PEACE OF MIND
Eating anything you want without a second thought, taking a deep breath, or enjoying the feel of your favourite jumper against your skin – is all that a thing of the past? An allergy or intolerance can turn your life upside down.
The ECARF seal certifies products and services that can bring some of the joy back into the lives of people with allergies – such as fragrance-free laundry detergents, or sausages that are free from the 14 most common allergens. The ECARF foundation has certified more than 2,500 products and services since the first seal was granted in 2006.
WHAT DOES THE SEAL STAND FOR?
Products and services which have been certified by the ECARF foundation are fully aligned to the needs of allergy sufferers. An independent advisory body made up of 15 international leading scientists and technical experts has developed criteria which apply to 23 different product groups such as creams, vacuum cleaners and hotels. They comprise threshold values and exclusion criteria which render an allergic reaction very unlikely. The criteria are regularly adapted to reflect the latest scientific findings.
A product is awarded the seal if external reports (e.g. from the Technical Control Board, TÜV) or studies confirm that the criteria are met.
DID YOU KNOW THAT...
- independent consumer portals such as Label Online rate the ECARF seal as particularly recommendable?
- the ECARF seal is used in 18 languages and more than 30 countries around the world?
- an organic seal cannot replace the "allergy friendly" certificate, as even natural materials can trigger allergies?
- allergy-friendly products promote both the conscious use of resources and sustainable production?
- you can find all ECARF-certified products using the product finder at www.ecarf-siegel.org ?