What is Rosacea and who is affected?
Rosacea is a chronical, anti-inflammatory skin disease in the face area:
- Worldwide it is estimated that about 415 million people are affected by rosacea.*
- Mostly people are around 30 till 50 years old
- Especially people from nordic countries in Europe are affected
- Women are more often affected than men
Datei: Keyvisual_ohne BeschriftungMen get more severe expressions of rosacea
- Most people don’t know that they are affected by rosacea
Source: Skin Care in Rosacea, Dr. med. Markus Reinholz LMU Munich, S. 6
Valuable Ingredients for the needs of very sensitive skin that is prone to redness and rosacea (preliminary stage and subtype I)
What kind of severities and subtypes are included in rosacea?
What are the causes of rosacea?
Most common trigger factors:
The facial skin of rosacea patients is overly sensitive to various external stimuli. Reactions may be the typical flushing (spontaneous and short-term redness), an increase in other already existing symptoms, or the triggering of a new episode of the disease. The most frequently quoted trigger factors include:
- UV radiation
- Emotional stress, nervousness
- Physical/chemical stimuli (e.g. extreme weather (heat/wind/cold/high humidity), hot baths, inappropriate cosmetics/medicines)
- Sport activities / physical exertion
- Spicy food / hot drinks
- Alcohol consumption
How does rosacea develop?
One reason for the development of rosacea is a dysregulation of the movement processes in the blood vessels. The blood flow under the skin increases. This is then visible on the surface of the skin in the form of reddened skin (preliminary stage) and widened blood vessels (subtype I).
If you are not sure whether you have also rosacea, please contact you dermatologist.
sebamed is well known as specialist for medicinal skincare and offers you three product for very sensitive skin that is prone to redness and rosacea (preliminary stage and subtype I):